Vietnamese Turmeric Fish Summer Rolls
Perfect for the summer months!🌈
These rolls go by many names: Vietnamese spring rolls, summer rolls, fresh spring rolls, or salad rolls. They're of Vietnamese-origin🇻🇳, and typically consist of rice noodles, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, herbs, and shrimp or pork wrapped in a rice-paper wrapper. This time, we arranged it with summer fruit🍍.
Easy prep 🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟🌟
💚Healthy Tips💚Pineapples are one of the most famous tropical fruits.
This fruits are packed with nutrients, antioxidants and other helpful compounds, such as enzymes that can fight inflammation and disease. Pineapple and its compounds have been linked to many health benefits, including aiding digestion, boosting immunity and speeding up recovery from surgery, among others.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Persian cucumbers 4
- Pineapple 1
- Garlic cloves 1-2
- Teatis CALM powder (turmeric ginger) 1 tsp
- Crushed red pepper flakes ½ tsp.
Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Sea salt
- White fish fillets (such as red snapper, hake, halibut, or tilapia) 1 lb. (preferably skin-on)
- Oil 1 Tbsp.
- Rice paper rounds 12
- Tender lettuce such as green leaf or Bibb
Tender herbs such as cilantro, dill, and/or Thai basil
Slice the ingredients🍍, Marinade the fish and cook it in a pan🐟🍳 and Assemble rolls👩🍳🍽.
- Slice Persian cucumbers and pineapples lengthwise into planks that are about 3" long and 1/4" thick.
- Peel and finely chop ginger and garlic cloves. (About 2 Tbsp. each.)
- Mix finely chopped ginger, finely chopped garlic, Teatis CALM powder, fish sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch of sea salt in a small bowl.
- Cut 1 lb. white fish fillets, preferably skin-on, into 4 equal pieces, then massage marinade onto fish to coat evenly. Place in a shallow bowl or dish. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and, preferably, up to 2 hours.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan over medium. Working in batches if needed, cook fish (start skin side down, if your fish has skin) until flesh is opaque all the way through, firm, and flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and flake into smaller pieces.
- To assemble rolls, working one at a time, dip 12 rice paper rounds in a bowl or pan of hot water until pliable but not floppy, about 15 seconds.
- Lay flat on a large plate or cutting board and arrange a piece or so of torn tender lettuce, some tender herbs, a slice or two of the reserved cucumber and pineapple, and a few pieces of fish horizontally across the center of wrappers, leaving a 2" border on left and right sides.
- Fold left and right sides inward, then tightly roll wrapper starting at the side nearest you.
- Enjoy with with a peanut sauce!