Thank you for a wonderful recipe 📸 Anju Verma @anjuverma.recipes.
Recipe creator's comment: "Delicious tacos with scrumptious filling of refried beans, guacamole & salsa. A healthy snack or a meal by itself. Liked by everyone, meat-lovers too.👩🍳"
Easy prep 🌟🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟
The American Diabetes Association advises people with diabetes to add dried beans or no-sodium canned beans to several meals each week. They are low on the glycemic index and can help manage blood sugar levels better than many other starchy foods.
Several reserches say that beans like Kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans are all great for blood glucose control since they’re high in fiber and take a long time to digest.
In fact, beans offer a lot of options.😊 They make a tasty side dish, or you can add them to salads, soups, casseroles, and chili. They’re also a great stand-in for meat because they’re high in protein but low in fat.
More recipes with Beans
- 8 Taco shells
- Refried beans
- Salsa or sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup shredded ice-berg lettuce or cabbage
- ½ cup grated cheese (processed or cheddar)
- ½ pickled jalapeños (optional)
Fried Beans Recipe
- 1 cup red kidney beans, soaked overnight & cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ground
- 2 tbsp readymade tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic & onions.
- Sauté for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except beans.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add beans & toss. Switch off gas.
- Mash the beans with fork or potato masher. Do not mash completely.
- 1 Avocado, scoop out flesh & mash with fork
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Cover & refrigerate till serving time.
Quick Salsa Recipe
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- Combine all & mix.
- Let the salsa rest for 15 minutes before using.
- Bake or microwave taco shells as per package instructions, to make them crisp.
- Taka a taco shell. Put 2 tbsp of refried beans filling.
- Top with shredded lettuce.
- Then a layer of guacamole.
- Scatter cheese and lastly top with dots of salsa.
- Serve as soon as they are assembled.
Do you want more inspirations?
Go and check the wonderful recipes on Anju Verma's Instagram!