Healthy Peanut Butter-𝗢ats-𝗕anana-𝗖hocolate 𝗖hip 𝗖ookies
There are countless health benefits of oats. As example, oats are high in fiber. Fiber benefits include keeping your digestive system regular, keeping you full, and protecting your heart.
Gluten-free, vegan, no added sugar, eggless, no flour, no oil! These super delicious cookies are made with JUST 5 INGREDIENTS! Great anytime snack, tiffin-snack, on-the-go breakfast, guilt-free desert.
This recipe makes about 22 small size cookies
- ½ cup creamy or ¾ cup chunky natural peanut butter (at room temp)**
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Quaker's @quaker_india )
- 2 big overripe bananas (lightly mashed; yields 1 cup)
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup or agave (read tips)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
big pinch of pink salt or regular saltToppings
- ¼ cup small or big semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Blend mashed banana & honey in a blender till smooth.
- Transfer the banana-honey puree to a big mix bowl. Add oats & mix.
- Add peanut butter, chocolate chips & salt. Mix & knead.
- Shape into walnut-size small balls.
- Place on butter paper lined tray.
- Top each cookie dough ball with one single or 3-4 small chocolate chips and press lightly to flatten (cookies will not spread on baking).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 20-25 minutes (took 25 minutes on convection mode).
- Remove & leave to cool it on a wire wrack for at least 30 minutes. Cookies are very soft to touch initially. They will slightly harden as they cool.
- These cookies have chewy, muffin-like texture.
**processed peanut butter has added sugar, salt & hydrogenated oils.
- Can use 1 tbsp Stevia or monk fruits plus 3 tablespoon water.
- Can substitute chocolate chips with raisins.
Thank you for great inspiration, ANJU VERMA!
If you are looking for healthy and tasty recipes, don't miss her posts.🤗