Masala Peanuts Salad
Thank you for a wonderful recipe 📸 Anju Verma @anjuverma.recipes.
Recipe creator's comment: "A tasty protein-rich snack cum salad. It is one of the most ordered bar-appetizer to munch on with drinks. A very healthy & satisfying snack option for kids. Great evening tea-time snack. Vegan-friendly and Gluten-free.👍"
Easy prep 🌟🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟🌟🌟
Nuts contain high levels of beneficial fats. 👍
The unsaturated fats in nuts perform a range of important functions, such as supporting cell growth and protecting organs, including the heart. Also, nuts are rich in protein, an essential nutrient, and they contain a range of other nutrients that are important for physical health.
Peanuts are a good source of protein and fiber too. 🥜
They can help with weight loss and may reduce the risk of heart disease. According to the study of 2013, the researchers found that adding peanuts to cereal helped control blood sugar levels and appetite in participants. This can help with weight loss, which has a significant impact on diabetes risk.
- 2 cup organic raw peanuts (with skin)
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped or ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala (If you want to make chaat masala at home, the recipe is here!)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat a pan on low flame. Add peanuts and oil.
2. Roast peanuts for 20 minutes, stirring at intervals of one minute. Peanuts should nicely be browned evenly (the peanuts have a raw taste if not slow roasted and burn easily on high flame).
3. Let the peanuts cool down completely.
4. Keep all the other ingredients ready.
5. Just before serving, add all the remaining ingredients and toss till well combined.
6. Taste to check. Add more salt or lemon juice if required & serve.
Do you want more inspirations?
Go and check the wonderful recipes on Anju Verma's Instagram!