Homemade Ricotta and Hummus Bruschetta
Thank you for a wonderful recipe 📸 Anju Verma @anjuverma.recipes.
Recipe creator's comment: "A protein-rich healthy vegetarian snack to liven up your day. An exotic party appetizer.👩🍳"
Easy prep 🌟🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟🌟🌟
Cucumbers are popular in summer dishes and salads around the world. Juicy and refreshing vegetable.
Cucumbers are low in carbohydrates, so they can be a good option for people with elevated blood sugar levels. Early trials suggest that cucumber is one of the most effective plants for not only reducing blood sugar levels but also lowering the risk of hypoglycemia during a blood sugar drop. For people with diabetes, cucumber may be a helpful addition to their diet to moderate blood sugar levels more effectively.
- 1 liter whole milk, preferably cow milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or 2 tbsp vinegar diluted in ¼ cup water
- Boil the milk with salt. Turn off the gas.
- Wait for a minute and then add lemon juice or diluted vinegar gradually. You will see the whey separate.
- If the whey is cloudy, add a teaspoon more of lemon juice (curdling agent).
- If the milk doesn't curdle further in 5 minutes, then reheat milk until it comes to a soft boil.
- When the milk curdles completely, the whey becomes clear.
- Now place a strainer over a big deep bowl. Line the strainer with muslin cloth.
- Transfer the milk solids and strain for not more than 5 minutes.
- Ricotta is very soft, creamy & moist as it has some whey also (paneer or cottage cheese is very dry cheese as all the whey is completely drained & then compressed).
- ½ cup boiled chickpeas (soak slightly less than ¼ cup dry chickpeas overnight)
- 1 tbsp lightly roasted sesame seeds or 1 tbsp cheese spread
- 5 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp chickpeas cooking liquid
Combine all in a grinder jar. Pulse till smooth.
RICOTTA HUMMUS BRUSCHETTA
- 1 uncut multigrain/garlic loaf bread (baguette)
- 1 cup hummus, recipe given 1 cup homemade ricotta
- Cucumber ribbons (trim ends, then use vegetable peeler to carefully slice lengthways)
- Chilli flakes
Seasoned olive oil (mix 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil with ¼ tsp salt & pinch of freshly ground black pepper)
- Cut the bread loaf into half inch thick slices, cutting at an angle across the loaf and toast them to your liking. You can toast lightly on hot griddle or bake in preheated oven (200 C) for 7 minutes or until just drying.
- Once the bread cools down spread some hummus on each slice.
- Place fresh ricotta on top of the hummus.
- Top it with cucumber ribbons.
- Drizzle seasoned olive oil over each slice.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes Serve.
Do you want more inspirations?
Go and check the wonderful recipes on Anju Verma's Instagram!