Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Coriander Sauce
Thank you for a wonderful recipe 📸 Anju Verma @anjuverma.recipes.
Recipe creator's comment: "In this taco recipe chicken is marinated with a spicy tangy sauce & cooked in a hot skillet. Vegetarians can use extra-firm tofu in place of chicken.👩🍳"
Easy prep 🌟🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟🌟🌟
Avocado is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and heart-healthy fats.
While they are high in fat, it’s the good kind of fat that benefits people with type 2 diabetes. The ADA encourage people with diabetes to consider adding avocado into their diets, due to its healthy fats.
Benefits of avocado for people with type 2 diabetes
- It won’t cause spikes in blood sugar
- It’s a good source of fiber
- It may help with weight loss and improve insulin sensitivity
- It’s loaded with healthy fats
With so few carbohydrates, a high fiber content, and healthful fat, people with diabetes can enjoy an avocado in moderation without the stress of raising their blood sugar levels.
Pairing an avocado with other foods may help reduce blood sugar spikes too. Its fat and fiber content takes longer to digest and slows the absorption of other carbohydrates at the same time.
Of course, people who are watching their calories in order to maintain or lose weight can still add avocado to their diet. 👍
SEE MORE RECIPE with AVOCADO
- 6 taco shells
- Sliced onions
- Pickled jalapenos
- 500 grams cut-up boneless chicken small cubes (2 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (3-4 garlic cloves) or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
For Avocado Coriander Sause
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- ½ cup packed coriander (stalks & leaves)
- 4-5 pickled jalapenos slices
- 1 tbsp brine from pickled jalapeños jar
- 1 small green chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp pink or regular salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp thick yogurt
- To marinate chicken- Combine all the ingredients of the marinade in a big bowl. Add chicken pieces. Mix well. Cover the bowl with cling film & keep in refrigerator. Marinate chicken for 1-6 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator & leave it out for 30 minutes before cooking.
- To prepare Avocado Coriander Sauce- Combine all the ingredients of sauce except curd in a blender & blend till smooth. Add yogurt & blend again.
- Heat a skillet or a big non-stick pan on high flame. Add 1 tsp oil just to coat the pan. Add marinated chicken to the preheated pan & cook for 5 minutes tossing a few times. The marinade liquid should dry out mostly. Remove chicken in a bowl. Cover it. Let it rest for at least 5-10 minutes. If using big chicken pieces, you can dice them now after resting.
- Load the tacos with few pieces of chicken. Top with Avocado coriander sauce, pickled jalapenos & sliced onions.
Do you want more inspirations?
Go and check the wonderful recipes on Anju Verma's Instagram!