Golden Superfood Pancake
Jill de Jong
Head of Health coach
Eating pancakes is a treat and makes any day feel like the weekend. And the great thing is that they can be healthy too.
Many brands offer wholesome and nutritious pancake mix; multigrain, buckwheat and gluten free options. And we have gone a step further to upgrade your pancakes by adding more fiber (oats) omega 3’s (flaxseed) and protein (hemp seeds. But what really makes the difference here is adding our CALM powder to the mix; the turmeric ginger make your taste buds dance on your tongue and give the pancake a beautiful golden color.
- Your favorite pancake mix
- ¼ cup (quick cooking) Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Teatis Tea CALM powder
- ½ tsp Coconut oil ( per pancake)
Toppings (per pancake)
- 1 tsp Butter, salted
- 1 tbp Hemp hearts
- ¼ cup chopped Strawberries
- 1-2 tsp Maple syrup
- Replace ¼ of your pancake mix with rolled oats and flaxseed. Follow the package directions and make the batter. If the batter gets too thick, simply mix in some water or milk.
- Whisk CALM powder into the batter until it’s completely yellow.
- Heat up a frying pan with some coconut oil and when the pan is hot poor in the batter for the desired thickness.
- Transfer to a plate when the pancake is brown on both sides.
- Add the toppings and serve immediately☺.
Arame seaweed is what makes our tea blends unique.Enjoy the health benefits it provides!
Teatis Tea contains 500mg Extracted Arame seaweed in every cup. Seaweed polyphenols are reported to effectively block fat and sugar absorption and lower blood sugar levels in clinical studies. Enjoy perfect golden milk or macha latte with Teatis Tea CALM&AWAKE blend. Vibrant you!