Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
Thank you for a wonderful recipe📸 Kristina & Mitja, @vibrantplate.
Recipe creator's comment: "This Vegan Apple Crisp Recipe is so ridiculously easy to make, you’ll want to make it all the time. You only need a baking dish, a bowl, and about 15 minutes of prep time. 😊 "
Easy prep 🌟🌟
Sugar (non sugar) 🌟🌟🌟
Apples are an additional source of fiber and antioxidants, meaning they super-charge your breakfast! And both oatmeal and apples are said to help lower cholesterol, making them a super healthy pairing.
Apple Crisp Filling
- apples. Use juicy apples of the sour variety for best results. We like to mix half of the sour apples (such as granny smith) with sweet apples (such as gala). Other juicy apples such as fuji, braeburn, or pink lady will also work.
- maple syrup. To sweeten the filling. This is, after all, a dessert. Though we also like to have it for breakfast or as a snack. You can substitute the maple syrup with other sweeteners, such as agave, or even sugar.
- corn starch will help thicken the juices released by the apples.
- lemon peel. This will add a lovely lemony aroma and taste to the apple crisp and will balance the sweetness. We always use organic lemons when grating the peel.
- lemon juice
- cinnamon. Use a heaping teaspoon for best results.
- ginger. Use ground dry ginger for extra zing. If you don’t like ginger you can skip it.
- nutmeg, just a pinch of ground. Nutmeg will do, but if you don’t like it, you can absolutely skip it.
Crunchy Oats Topping
- rolled oats. Do use the old-fashioned rolled oats for your topping, and not the extra-fine ones, which will turn into mush. We want the topping crunchy and crispy.
- pecan nuts. Chop them to your liking to add to the topping crunch. You can substitute the pecan nuts with other nuts, such as walnuts or roasted hazelnuts.
- almonds. Again, chop to your liking, or use slivered almonds. You can substitute them with other chopped nuts, such as walnuts or roasted hazelnuts.
- coconut flakes. Skip if you’re allergic to coconut or don’t like the taste.
- salt, just a pinch will do to enhance the flavors.
- coconut oil. Replace with melted vegan butter or vegetable oil if you’re allergic to coconut or don’t like the taste. We used virgin coconut oil in this recipe so there is a hint of the taste, but you could also use the flavorless kind.
maple syrup to add sweetness and stickiness. You can substitute it with other liquid sweeteners, such as agave, but not sugar.
Do you want to know how to make this Vegan Apple Crisp Recipe?
Go and check the full directions on VIBRANT PLATE!
Easy Vegan Apple Crisp from VIBRANT PLATE, Food Blog for Healthy & Easy Seasonal Recipes